(Note: All sidebar info and post index appears at the bottom of this webpage so that the page can accommodate more text.)

Focus of this Blog

James Michael McDonald, V and his wife Stacy purchased and operated Homeschooling Today Magazine unsuccessfully for a number of years before its resale. During that time, the venture turned out to be far from profitable, and the McDonalds have not been honest about how they established themselves in the homeschooling community, how they operated their business, or even about their personal lives.

Certainly no one rejoices in the drawing of attention to these matters, they must be noted in order to stop the deception. This movement of patriocentricity promotes false doctrine by perpetuating lies, profiteering off of the trust of earnest Christians who believe the shaming messages promoted by the movement. The end should never justify the means, and the Christian homeschoolers that support the McDonalds have the right to know the truth. This blog hopes to draw attention to the behaviors of the McDonalds, particularly those concerning the period of time during which the McDonalds owned and operated Homeschooling Today Magazine.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Go to Work Without a Contract?

The question may be asked, why did I begin work for James without first having an employee contract agreement? I trusted James first because he had promised to hire me in the position of Director of Operations that would work into a partnership. And then, James was not only a Christian but he was a pastor and had his own church. And since I and my family had used our last resources to travel to Houston to begin this employment (which The Taylor Machine knew) we couldn't return to our home in Yugoslavia even if we wanted to. It wasn't like it was across town or even across the state. We had traveled all the way from Europe. We had no money to live, let alone return to Europe.

I had no choice but to begin work and trust that James would keep his word and give me the contract he had promised would be ready for me to sign when we arrived in Houston. (The meanest thing was that The Taylor Machine sent me $4,000 to help offset the cost of relocating, only to shoot me down, behind my back, while I was in route to begin my employment with James McDonald. Why should I ever have suspected that they were acting treacherously against me behind my back? They were my closest friends and confidants. I had entrusted my life and the lives of my family to the leadership of The Taylor Machine. You can imagine the hurt I felt when I discovered that they were not really my friends after all.)
.
.
.